Friday, June 18, 2010

For Desk Accessories, Be Leather Savvy

Simply the dress code will not reflect a company's culture, but office accessories too. Decoration need not be confined to a living space. It even applies to an office environment, but the only difference is that the latter should be done with a professional touch. A tastefully decorated work space can do wonders for your business.

Last week, I delivered a speech at a mini conference. As I walked in, I could sense that the small conference room sported a different look from the usual ones !!! After glancing through the accessories, I could conclude the reason behind its appeal. It was a pleasure to watch the accessories made not of plastic or other synthetic products but of leather.

Colorful magazines peeked out from a black leather rack. Sticky note holders with white papers were eagerly awaiting human touch. From leather nameplates to coasters, everything vied for attention. I finished my speech at one go without any hiccup. Then a phone call disrupted my cherishing moments, and my cluttered desk drew my attention.

My desk pad to letter tray, everything was space consuming and spoiling the beauty of my workstation. I just left my eye to revolve around my cabin, while I unleashed my imagination. Ideas of adorning my workspace flowed like a stream. I looked at the worn-out plastic tray and replaced it with a leather chrome letter tray. The pen stand made of conch shell sits incongruously with other misfit accessories on my desk.

Instantaneously, I decided to remove clutter and give an aesthetic touch to the office room. I turned to my system and surfed the internet to explore leather world. Believe it or not, a galore of fascinating leather desk accessories and other office accessories emerged on screen. My desire of personalizing the office desk was fulfilled by leather items of various shapes and sizes. When it comes to colors, they were black, brown, and burgundy to choose from.

Running a business is bound by time. Imagine, your office clock ticks from a black crocodile embossed leather case. Your daily calendar is held by a rustic brown leather holder. Isn't all eye soothing? Every day, you have to sign myriad documents. Maybe a client visiting your office. The discussion may soon culminate in a business deal. Nothing is better if you could offer a parker pen to your guest from a black leather double pen stand with silver accents. Remember! Never put a brown leather item on black leather pad. Such mismatch will mar the beauty.

Every day, snail mails reach your office from various locations. The ideal place for these letters would be a black or brown letter holder with gold stripping. For those who dislike to fold valuable documents, you have attractive leather memo holders.

To this point, you might be thinking that there are probably no items for computer and its accessories. Wait! Your mouse can glide on a rustic genuine leather executive mouse pad in brown. For your keyboard, a black leather pad will be the ideal fit.

But, work can exhaust you. This is also true for your colleagues who join you for brainstorming discussions. A nice painting or a family picture in a leather frame can
be mind refreshing.

Waste box is the most neglected item in an office or conference room. A nice leather waste box may be the final touch to beautify your office.

From pen stand to waste box, now your office is ready to breed new ideas, fuel in intense discussions, shaping your business to scale greater heights, and reach new
goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment